Monday, August 22, 2011

A Somewhat Random Update

Currently some kind of repair work is going on outside my apartment. Probably more roof repairs. My cat Kali is predictably, hiding somewhere. You'd think she would be used to repair work noises since a couple months or so ago when they were doing roof repairs, but no. 

I am nearing the end of my Advanced Web Design class. It's been a very nerve-wracking eight weeks since I've never been the manager-director of a group before. We've managed to get very high scores throughout, but I feel as if I did not do a good enough job at keeping the group on track. There were also some personality difficulties and conflicts that I found to be very frustrating. (It did not help that for two meetings no one showed up and for the last meeting I tried to arrange, I ended up flaking completely.) 

The current course project this week is to correct any problems with the web page and write a report one what advice you decided to take from the peer evaluations from last week.

I'm planning on making a slide show for a salmon cake recipe I adapted to suit my own purposes. (The original involved mayonnaise which is my Least Favorite Condiment.) I also made a second batch of tea eggs, but they didn't come out as well as the previous attempt. There is probably an article in writing about ways to adapt recipes.

Another thing I want to do is write more stories about my previous work experiences and other memoir-type things.