Wednesday, April 18, 2012

NaBloPoMo April: How would you describe your love life -- fixed form or free form?


NaBloPoMo April 2012I would describe it as non-existent and unnecessary! Love lives are awesome in theory, but I would rather keep relationships theoretical and ideally, happening to someone else. I tend not to notice when people are attracted to me. I also tend not to notice that they are “flirting” with me.

I become extremely embarrassed and horrified when I discover that someone thinks I have been flirting with him or occasionally her. I do not intentionally flirt, and the idea of unintentionally flirting is kind of gross to me. Especially in those cases when you come across the occasional disturbed individual, who believes that eye contact means you have suddenly been overcome by lust for them.

(Spoiler: I haven’t.)  

Generally speaking, I have never had an interest in dating! When I was a teenager I had no interest in boys, and no real interest in girls. I did not have a general idea of “wait, people are attractive?” until I was in my twenties, but I still never had a real desire to date. (Going out is fine, but actual dates are annoying.)

I have had very few relationships, and they all tended to flop. This was often because of communication problems. It was also because of intimacy issues. The issue being that I did not actually want to be intimate with anyone on even an experimental basis.