Saturday, April 14, 2012

Two Random Stories

Crossposted from a different blog.

Story the first:

So, I do not have cat proof hooks on my cabinets. I do not have cat proof hooks on my cabinets because I generally not need them, as Kali is not much of a door opener.

Welp, a few days ago she actually managed to open one of the cabinets and get inside.

And then...she was stuck.

It took me a few minutes to realize what the intermittent banging was about! Eventually I was drawn into the room where I found that yep, the cat could not push open the door of the cabinet she was stuck in. I immediately laughed at her, then opened the door so she should get out.

Story the second:

Someone called up this morning and did not bother to introduce themselves. I mean as in, I answered the phone and there was no response. So I repeated my greeting.

The person on the other end seemed to be under the impression that I had called them, and they were returning the call. I explained to them that they were the ones who had called me. I also pointed out that it was 7:22 am!

The other person asked me if they had called a number in Phoenix Arizona. I asked them who they thought they were calling. It turned out they were under the impression that my phone number belonged to someone named Maria Navarette. I have been fielding calls for this woman for a very, very long time now! About as long as I've had this particular number!

I explained to the person on the other end of the line that I was not Maria Navarette and that no one named Maria Navarette lived in my home! I repeated this several times because sometimes this is simply something that you have to do. When they finally understood that I was neither Maria Navarette nor did I know where she was I ended the call!