Thursday, July 12, 2012

Today Did Not Happen



1. The thunderstorm last night knocked out the electricity, which didn't come back on until six am this morning.

2. It took me most of the morning and Youngest Sister's help to figure out that the reason I couldn't get online was because the router needed to be reset. (I originally thought there was something wrong on my end, and didn't think of resetting the router myself.)

3.a. My antivirus program decided it couldn't start up. I kept getting messages that I needed to restart the computer. The fixes recommended by the first person I chatted with with did not help. It took several hours to find out that I needed to to download an update. From the company's website.

3. b. When I tried to update it refused to down load at first, and then decided to Blue Screen me. So I restarted the computer, and the second time, it decided to download correctly.

4. Yahoo was hacked and passwords had to be changed. This was not a very big deal but on top of everything else that was fail today....

5. There are things I have not gotten done today because I was too busy trying to fix all of the above problems.

As a result, I have decided that today did not happen. 

Small amusing thing: Today I checked my twitter and I found I have 666 followers. *snerk*