Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Communication Problems

When someone says "you said A1 and A2," and the other person says "no, I said B, not A," then it is pretty clear that there is a communication problem.

When someone continues to say "you said A," and the other person continues to say "no, I said B," then it is pretty clear that there is still a communication problem.

When someone says "I did not know the issue was A, I thought the issue was B," they are actually saying "I did not know the issue was A, I thought the issue was B." This is a communication problem.

When someone attempts to point out that they said "B" and not "A" it extremely non-helpful to insist that they said "B," and then make fun of them because they are still trying to explain that they did not say "B." This is a communication problem.

When someone repeatedly states "no, I said B and I did not claim to have anything to do with A" but the other person keeps insisting that the first person is claiming A there still a problem.

When someone repeatedly requests clarification it is not always trolling or an exercise of "privilege" or "entitlement," it means they are not understanding something and would like clarification.

Non-neurotypical people exist. Honestly uninformed people who would like to become informed exist. They will not always know the perfectly correct mores or terminology even if they have attempted to become informed on their own. You do not necessarily have to be "nice" when explaining. Simply making sense will do.